Photography © Steve Rosenthal

This 5,400 SF parish house, architecturally compatible with the beautiful 1814 church, was constructed on property behind the church, uniting parish operations and replacing the former parish house inconveniently located across a busy thoroughfare. Reflecting the New England vernacular, the design of the building is particularly sensitive to the scale, materials, and detailing of surrounding structures, making this new neighbor an appropriate inclusion in the townscape. The bowed southern facade and the arcaded northern side, recalling the adjacent nineteenth-century carriage sheds, add to its architectural interest. The building contains three offices, nine classrooms, and a chapel/library seating 45.

Award for Excellence in Architecture, The Boston Society of Architects